Thoughts on Startup.com

I found this documentary to be very interesting for a variety of reasons. First, it was interesting to watch these young guys journal from start to finish. When the documentary began, they looked like normal people but then they suddenly become wealthy very quickly. I enjoyed seeing how they reacted after becoming rich and the amount of pressure that they were going through. Sometimes it felt like they were not quite sure what they were doing but they did it anyway. There was one part of the movie where Kaleil's mom talked about how he was a young man and is now acting like a professional businessman. I was also interested by Kaliel and Tom's relationship with each other and how it developed throughout the film. They are childhood friends and they cared about each other a lot. However, Tom was not managing the technology department as well as he could and as a result, Kaliel fired him from the company. The dilemma between maintaining the friendship and doing what is best for the company was in full display. If I were in the same position was Kaliel, I would have done the same thing. Even though it would hurt my relationship with my best friend, the right thing to do would be to fire him. A CEO should not be biased when it comes to who he hires or fires. Overall, the documentary was good and it gave me some nice insight into the dotcom bubble. But I wonder who broke in to the company. If it was Kaleil, then I wonder what his motives were for fabricating the crime.

Comments

Popular Posts