What I want out of the class

I am genuinely interested in technology and the internet. I won't pursue a career in computer sciences but I will likely be working with technology in my career. I want to learn more about technology, specifically about computers and the internet. However, I'm not just looking for more knowledge, I also want to explore topics such as internet privacy, web security, and internet culture. Privacy is an important topic for me because of the NSA's surveillance on American citizens and companies such as Facebook and Google collecting massive amounts of data on their users. I am hoping that there will be opportunities for us to discuss and debate about controversial topics related to privacy, internet regulations, artificial intelligence, etc. I understand that there are time constraints but I would love to hear about passionate debates related to technology or the internet and I would like to give my own input too. There would be many different perspectives too because the students not only consist of CS majors but also business, science, etc.

I also took the class for another reason. This is my last quarter at UWT and I only needed 2 more classes to complete my bachelor's degree. To be considered a full time student, I have to take at least 12 credits. The other two classes are 400 level courses, so I didn't want the third class to also be a 400 level class. I was looking for a class that's worth about 2-3 credits but is also something that is both interesting and relevant to my career. Make no mistake though, I am interested in tech and the internet.

Comments

Popular Posts